WHAT IS AN AUTO BELAY?
The auto belay takes up the slack as a climber ascends and safely controls the descent when the climber lets go or falls. Since auto belays don’t require a human belayer, many people can use a single auto belay station. Similarly, many auto belay stations can be supervised by a single staff person.
- Specifications :
- Auto Belay type: Centrifugal Braking System
- Line specs: 24 - 52 ft (7.32 m to 15.85 m) long, comprised of 1 in Nylon Spectra Webbing Case
- Dimensions: 16×9.5×7.5 in (40x24x19 cm)
- Net weight: 29 lbs (13.15 kg)
- Descent rate: Maximum - 6.5 ft/s (2m/s) Minimum - 1.6 ft/s (0.5 m/s)
- Maximum weight of climber: 310 lbs (140 kg)
- Minimum weight of climber: 25 lbs (16 kg)
- Certifications :
- ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2007 “Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components”
- CSA Z259.2.3-99 “Descent Control Devices”
- AS/NZS 1891.3 1997 “Industrial Fall-Arrest Systems and Devices – Part 3: Fall Arrest Devices”
- Product Warranty :
- Perfect Descent’s Auto Belay comes standard with a 24 month factory warranty on parts and service. Product liability insurance is extended if regular inspections and maintenance are performed. (Failure to complete regular inspection on schedule will void the product’s liability coverage.)
- Get a quote :
- Contact :
WHY USE AN AUTO BELAY?
Auto Belays are a simple and effective way for your facility increase traffic, revenue, and safety while reducing costs and risk.
Above all, maximize Safety and minimize Risk: Climbing is full of inherent dangers. One of the largest risks in running a climbing facility are accidents related to human error. Taking the belayer out of the equation minimises the chance of falls related to human error.
Simplify the entry process and increase new business: Auto belays eliminate the need for lengthy belay training and testing, giving your new clients the ability to just clip in and climb. With minimal instruction and no climbing experience, customers can quickly begin climbing and enjoying their visit. Having auto belays can also attract more infrequent climbers since the entry process is simplified. Since minimal instruction is required, this also makes auto belays perfect for large parties and groups.
Attract single climbers and walk in business: Since climbers don’t need to rely on having a belay partner to climb, they can visit your facility more often and when their schedule allows. This gives your clients the ability to climb whenever they want without the boundaries of anyone else’s schedule.
Auto belays are a unique training tool: Single climbers will have the ability to train without a belay partner. They can climb up and down continuously giving them a unique and powerful method for endurance training.
More customers with less staff: You can have more group programming while keeping staff and costs to a minimum. Since multiple auto belay stations can be safely supervised by a single staff member, birthday parties, large groups, and events become more easy to manage.